Ocean State Job Lot is the "Home of Adventure Shopping."
Millions of Job Lot customers enjoy hunting for
quality brand name merchandise at closeout prices.
Ocean State Job Lot opened for business in 1977 as a single store operation in North Kingstown, RI. The idea was to sell brand name, first quality products at closeout prices. We understood that people work hard for their money. Our job was to deliver the best values possible. That was the idea then and that's still our goal today. Although we are known as a closeout company, we prefer to think of ourselves as opportunistic merchants.
Our merchandise selection not only consists of a variety of manufacturer's overruns, overstocks and packaging changes, but also includes many areas where our buyers have determined that "holes" exist in the marketplace. We are constantly on the hunt for special deals, which allow us to offer quality brand name merchandise at closeout prices.
Value matters in every facet of the business; it is central to our corporate culture. Yet as we've grown, we've come to understand that our most important assets are our associates. Long-term success requires a mutual team approach. When associates take pride in what they do, and are proud to be part of our business family, our company is moving in the proper direction.
As a stable, profitable company, we've built a business of 123 stores while building careers at the same time. We will continue growing our business in the Northeast. With store growth, there's plenty of opportunity for professional growth at OSJL.
Store Managers and Assistant Managers, middle level supervisors and associates all have the opportunity to enjoy a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with promotions to all levels! In addition, many positions have been created in our Warehouse and Distribution facilities along with the need for high quality professionals in our Corporate Headquarters.
If you're looking for a career in retail, and have the energy, work ethic and enthusiasm, then we are a perfect fit for each other! Just click to apply today and start your career at Ocean State Job Lot!
Ocean State Job Lot's Coupon Policy
- Coupons are redeemable only by a customer purchasing the specific brands and product(s) stated on the coupon, with the face value of the coupon deducted from the retail price.
- Coupons must be for products currently sold at Ocean State Job Lot and must be presented at the time of the transaction.
- Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on coupon.
- Coupons cannot be applied against the item received in any offer where a customer buys one or more items to get one or more items free.
- Coupon amount may be reduced so that any combined discounts and coupons do not exceed the value of the item.
- Coupons have no cash value.
- Accepted coupons must be manufacturer or Ocean State Job Lot store issued coupons for specific items only.
- The coupons must have an expiration date.
- Coupons are void if they appear distorted or blurry, are altered in any way or copied.
- The transaction amount may not fall below zero value, or go negative, meaning we will not give the customer money back.
- All sales taxes are paid by the customer in accordance with state tax laws.
- Ocean State Job Lot reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
- Ocean State Job Lot does not allow a customer to redeem two or more manufacturers coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
- If a customer presents two manufacturers coupons for the same item in a single transaction, Ocean State Job Lot will only accept the first coupon to be applied in the system.
- Ocean State Job Lot will accept a manufacturer coupon in combination with a Job Lot issued Internet Coupon honoring up to, but not over, the product purchase price.
Internet Printed Coupons
- Ocean State Job Lot will gladly accept up to 2 internet printed coupons per transaction. The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all internet printed coupons.
- Internet printed coupons must scan at registers and /or the coupon scan code must be clearly legible for manual input by the retail service agent.
- Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and follow an industry- standard format.
- Manufacturer internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and have a valid manufacturer address on the printed coupon.
- Ocean State Job Lot will not accept "Free Product" internet printed Manufacturer coupons.
- Ocean State Job Lot will accept "BOGO" Buy One, Get One Free Internet printed manufacturer coupons.
- Ocean State Job Lot will accept internet coupons up to a $10.00 limit
“To provide exceptional value to our customers through opportunistic buying and selling of quality brand name merchandise, and to share the resulting profits with stockholders, employees, and the communities in which we live and work.”
“We will reach one billion dollars in sales through organic growth in the shortest time possible by refining our product offering, increasing our geographic footprint, and having a positive impact on the lives of our customers and employees.”
Success depends on our ability to hold each other accountable to the following high standards:
- Compete with passion and play to win.
- Behave ethically … always
- Measure, Analyze, Adjust, Repeat.
- Be frugal and minimize waste.
- Communicate professionally and candidly.
- Embrace diversity; everyone is welcome.
- Adapt, innovate, and take calculated risks to remain relevant
- Remember … We are in the service business.
- Understand that strong teams outperform strong individuals.
- Grow to create recognition and advancement opportunities for team members
Job Lot, its principals, and its employees actively support the Rhode Island Community Food Bank, Trinity Repertory Company, the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Rhode Island, and the Rhode Island Donation Exchange Program. Outside Rhode Island, the Company provides ongoing support for food banks and hospitals throughout the Northeast, and provides assistance to victims of natural disasters which in the past have included; Armenia, Central America, The Dominican Republic, Haiti, Louisiana and Central America.
The Ocean State Job Lot Charitable Foundation annually raises money for food banks throughout the Northeast, cancer care at Boston Medical Center, and hosts the Annual Golf Charity Classic, which raises money for regional food banks.
Although we would like to assist all the many worthwhile individuals, causes and organizations, please note that our contribution efforts focus on specific issues, with an emphasis on food banks. We hope you understand our position and wish you the best in your endeavors.
In this section you will find news articles and press releases
that feature Ocean State Job Lot.
You may click on any of the titles below to view the full article.
|Ocean State Job Lot CEO Marc Perlman on WPRO & the Matt Allen show||February 11th 2016|
|Fast tracking RhodeWorks: Passing unpopular legislation in an election year||February 10th 2016|
|Truckers suggest increase in diesel tax to help repair bridges||February 9th 2016|
|General Assembly leaders: We have the votes to pass truck tolls||February 9th 2016|
|Ocean State Job Lot Grand Opening in North Kingstown, RI||January 26th 2016|
|Jan. 16 fashion show to benefit Job Lot ‘3 square meal‘ program||January 15th 2016|
|R.I. discount retailers thrive while bucking online trend||January 9th 2016|
|Sign of spring in East Wareham||January 8th 2016|
|Staff Picks: Favorite Places for Last-Minute Shopping||December 22nd 2015|
|Toys for Tots still short of their holiday goal||December 16th 2015|