Ocean State Job Lot is the "Home of Adventure Shopping."
Millions of Job Lot customers enjoy hunting for
quality brand name merchandise at closeout prices.
Ocean State Job Lot opened for business in 1977 as a single store operation in North Kingstown, RI. The idea was to sell brand name, first quality products at closeout prices. We understood that people work hard for their money. Our job was to deliver the best values possible. That was the idea then and that's still our goal today. Although we are known as a closeout company, we prefer to think of ourselves as opportunistic merchants.
Our merchandise selection not only consists of a variety of manufacturer's overruns, overstocks and packaging changes, but also includes many areas where our buyers have determined that "holes" exist in the marketplace. We are constantly on the hunt for special deals, which allow us to offer quality brand name merchandise at closeout prices.
Value matters in every facet of the business; it is central to our corporate culture. Yet as we've grown, we've come to understand that our most important assets are our associates. Long-term success requires a mutual team approach. When associates take pride in what they do, and are proud to be part of our business family, our company is moving in the proper direction.
As a stable, profitable company, we've built a business of 124 stores while building careers at the same time. We will continue growing our business in the Northeast. With store growth, there's plenty of opportunity for professional growth at OSJL.
Store Managers and Assistant Managers, middle level supervisors and associates all have the opportunity to enjoy a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with promotions to all levels! In addition, many positions have been created in our Warehouse and Distribution facilities along with the need for high quality professionals in our Corporate Headquarters.
If you're looking for a career in retail, and have the energy, work ethic and enthusiasm, then we are a perfect fit for each other! Just click to apply today and start your career at Ocean State Job Lot!
Ocean State Job Lot's Coupon Policy
- Coupons are redeemable only by a customer purchasing the specific brands and product(s) stated on the coupon, with the face value of the coupon deducted from the retail price.
- Coupons must be for products currently sold at Ocean State Job Lot and must be presented at the time of the transaction.
- Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on coupon.
- Coupons cannot be applied against the item received in any offer where a customer buys one or more items to get one or more items free.
- Coupon amount may be reduced so that any combined discounts and coupons do not exceed the value of the item.
- Coupons have no cash value.
- Accepted coupons must be manufacturer or Ocean State Job Lot store issued coupons for specific items only.
- The coupons must have an expiration date.
- Coupons are void if they appear distorted or blurry, are altered in any way or copied.
- The transaction amount may not fall below zero value, or go negative, meaning we will not give the customer money back.
- All sales taxes are paid by the customer in accordance with state tax laws.
- Ocean State Job Lot reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
- Ocean State Job Lot does not allow a customer to redeem two or more manufacturers coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
- If a customer presents two manufacturers coupons for the same item in a single transaction, Ocean State Job Lot will only accept the first coupon to be applied in the system.
- Ocean State Job Lot will accept a manufacturer coupon in combination with a Job Lot issued Internet Coupon honoring up to, but not over, the product purchase price.
Internet Printed Coupons
- Ocean State Job Lot will gladly accept up to 2 internet printed coupons per transaction. The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all internet printed coupons.
- Internet printed coupons must scan at registers and /or the coupon scan code must be clearly legible for manual input by the retail service agent.
- Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and follow an industry- standard format.
- Manufacturer internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and have a valid manufacturer address on the printed coupon.
- Ocean State Job Lot will not accept "Free Product" internet printed Manufacturer coupons.
- Ocean State Job Lot will accept "BOGO" Buy One, Get One Free Internet printed manufacturer coupons.
- Ocean State Job Lot will accept internet coupons up to a $10.00 limit
Job Lot, its principals, and its employees actively support the Rhode Island Community Food Bank, Trinity Repertory Company, the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Rhode Island, and the Rhode Island Donation Exchange Program. Outside Rhode Island, the Company provides ongoing support for food banks and hospitals throughout the Northeast, and provides assistance to victims of natural disasters which in the past have included; Armenia, Central America, The Dominican Republic, Haiti, Louisiana and Central America.
The Ocean State Job Lot Charitable Foundation annually raises money for food banks throughout the Northeast, cancer care at Boston Medical Center, and hosts the Annual Golf Charity Classic, which raises money for regional food banks.
Although we would like to assist all the many worthwhile individuals, causes and organizations, please note that our contribution efforts focus on specific issues, with an emphasis on food banks. We hope you understand our position and wish you the best in your endeavors.
Ocean State Job Lot CEO Marc Perlman (right) with Donald Carcieri, former Rhode Island governor, co-chair of
The Station Memorial Fund campaign, receiving a donation towards the memorial.
In this section you will find news articles and press releases that feature Ocean State Job Lot.
You may click on any of the titles below to view the full article.
|Providence Business News Healthiest Employers of Rhode Island||August 21st 2016|
|Rhode Island nightclub fire memorial nearly finished||August 7th 2016|
|Job Lot employees goes the distance to return lost wallet||July 15th 2016|
|Thousands of books donated to Taunton's Hopewell School||July 5th 2016|
|Ocean State Job Lot's 'Operation Book Drop' lands at New Bedford schools||June 17th 2016|
|Ocean State Job Lot to Donate 12,000 Books to New Bedford Public Schools||June 15th 2016|
|Ocean State Job Lot announces opening of renovated Danvers store||June 13th 2016|
|Donation provides enormous boost to bilingual reading materials at Delaware Community School||June 10th 2016|
|Berlin businesses awarded||May 18th 2016|
|Cardi Brothers open door on new East Wareham store||May 6th 2016|